As always, the weekend starts on Thursday. Don’t let a little snow keep you from hanging out tonight at Beauty Bar for my weekly Big Bang party. Picnictyme and I are hosting the homies Business Casual from El Paso. On Saturday afternoon, my Top Notch partner Dayta and I are rocking at Josey Records for our Back to the Middle Vol. 2 Cassette Tape Release. We’ll have a limited amount of cassettes available for purchase. You can also cop one HERE. And on Saturday night, Booty Fade is rocking a live set at Prophet Bar. More info below.
Thursday, March 5 | 10PM – 2AM
Big Bang at Beauty Bar
Saturday, March 7 | 2PM – 5PM
Back to the Middle Vol. 2 Cassette Release at Josey Records
Saturday, March 7 | 11PM – Midnight
Booty Fade Live at Prophet Bar
Here it is folks! The Say It Ain’t Southern Vol. 2 zine release is going down Saturday, February 28 at The Wild Detectives (Oak Cliff) from 6PM – 9PM. I’m really proud of this second issue and had a lot of fun putting it together. Hope to see everyone there!
Pre-order the zine now at sayitaintsouthern.bigcartel.com.
SIAS Vol 2. features work from the following artists:
Arturo Torres, B-Side, Bird, Brian Butler, Chad Eaton, Debt (A2M), Deuce Seven, Dixie Rebel, Faves, High Ball, High Pockets, Hindue, Holy Shit, Janky Lean-To, Lamps, Nicholas Danger, Pat Perry, Plot, Relish Today, Skipper, Sunflower Seed Kid, Tex Goth, and Wooden Axle.
Amazing flyer by Brian Butler.
Here it is, just in time for Valentine’s Day, Satin Sheets Vol. 4. I started this R&B-heavy series back in 2009 and always get excited to crank out a new one. If you frequent my gigs, you know I’m heavy on the smoothed out vibes, especially during those early hours of the night. Vol. 4 is a nice mixture of old and new tunes that are sure to spice up that post dinner V-day cruise.
01. DeBarge – Stay With Me
02. The Notorious B.I.G. – One More Chance (Remix)
03. Ashanti Feat. Ja Rule – Foolish
04. Lauryn Hill – All My Time
05. Aaliyah – Rock The Boat (DJ 7L Reminding Blend)
06. Allure Feat. Nas – Head Over Heals (Track Masters Remix)
07. Dru Hill – In My Bed (So So Def Remix)
08. Usher – U Remind Me
09. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing (Durkin Edit)
10. Mario – Let Me Love You
11. Masters At Work – Get Up
12. Mariah Carey – Honey
13. GQ – I Do Love You (Tony G. You Know How We Edit)
14. Janet Jackson – Go Deep
15. Sister Sledge – Thinking Of You
16. Reginald Garland – Chillin’ Out (Poolside Edit)
17. Sade – Nothing Can Come Between Us
18. Patrice Rushen – Feels So Real (Won’t Let Go)
19. Kleer – Tonight
20. William Devaughn – Be Thankful For What You’ve Got (DJ Day Re-EDIT)
21. Tina Turner – What’s Love Got To Do (Zimmer Rework)
22. Teedra Moses – Be Your Girl (Kaytranada Extended Edition)
23. Durkin – Luv.pro (House Dub)
24. Sudie – Heartattack
New tune from my very talented friend Sudie. Keep your eyes peeled for the photo book we’ve got in the works, coming this March.
It’s been a while, but Dayta and I are back with the third installment of our Back to the Middle mix. This one’s got a little something for everyone. Stoked to announce we’re also releasing this on cassette early next month. In the meantime, press play and smooth out your Tuesday. Mix also available for download HERE.
01. Bits & Pieces – Don’t Stop The Music (Sober Quick Edit)
02. Juicy – Sugar Free
03. Mtume – C.O.D. (I’ll Deliver)
04. Sammy Bananas – Run 2 Me (Thicke Mix)
05. Loose Shus – Angeles
06. Double Trouble – Stoop Rap (Doc Adam & Nick Bike Break)
07. MAM – Crushed Ice
08. Tom Browne – Funkin’ For Jamaica (Late Nite Tuff Guy Edit)
09. Jade – Don’t Walk Away (Pete Grace Remix)
10. Casio Social Club – Little Luv (Freestyle Version)
11. Midnight Star – Midas Touch (FS Green Edit)
12. Kaytranada – At All (Durkin Edit)
13. Moon Boots – C.Y.S.
14. Dusky – Careless (Original Mix | Cyber Edit)
15. Duke Dumont – Need U (100%) feat. A*M*E (Skreamix)
16. Silk Rhodes – Having Fun
17. Candido – Thousand Finger Man (12″ Extended Mix)
18. Concept Neuf – The Path (Sofrito Edit)
19. ESG – Party Music (Party + Raw Edit)
Erykah was cool enough to come through Big Bang to rock with me and Picnic in a space not much bigger than most people’s living rooms. Beauty Bar was damn near at capacity when the doors opened at 10 PM, and people were open and ready for anything that was dropped on their ears. ‘Twas a legendary night. Dallas, thank you.
Photos by The Bar Bat